Thursday 10 January 2013

Thai Tantric

Orchard towers is not one of the best place to dine at but this place is such a hidden gem.
We were craving for thai food and I suggested to eat at this place after looking at another blogger's recommendation. I think we're gonna come here whenever we feel like eating thai food! :D

Fried Pork with Garlic and Pepper - $10

This taste is very familiar, I can't remember where I had it before. I did not like dish because the pork is a little dry. It's kind of over fried I would say.

Phad Thai - $6.50

This Phad Thai is heavenly in its own way! It is wet and sticky and it doesn't look like the usual phad thai. It looks a little like Char Kway Teow and I could taste sweet sauce in it!
They were quite generous with the ingredients too!

Fried Rice with Beef (Choice of Beek/Pork/Chicken) $6

This fried rice tastes very homely. It is a little charred and I love it cos it gives it a little fragrance.
Simple yet tasty the rice grains were 粒粒分明 and the beef slices were tender. There were lots of beef as well!

Tom Yum Seafood - $10 (the clear soup version is available as well)

This was the highlight of that meal. It's the first time I tasted such a tom yum in Singapore. I swear it tasted like the one in Bangkok's Chinatown. Felt like tearing after I drank the first mouth of it cos I finally found this taste in Singapore T_T I finished the whole pot of goodness 


Thai Iced Tea - $2

To me, no Thai meal is complete without this drink. They did it perfectly. The tea taste and sugar level is just like what I would get in Thailand, though I would prefer it to have a little more carnation milk (:

I have nothing else to say but I just can't wait to be back there to try other dishes. No doubt a hidden gem.


Thai Tantric
400 Orchard Road
Orchard Towers #03-23




Outfit of that day to catch The Hobbit! Prista bag from http://loveanastasia.livejournal.com
Love the bag so much cos it looks similar to Givenchy's and huge bags allow me to smuggle food into the cinema :D







No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it!